Wednesday 17 February 2016

ThinTea - Weight Loss Detox Tea ♡

Hi there weshy wanderers how are we? I notice it has once again been a while since I have written a post (almost 5months!) but I am back and this time I have a very special post for you! 

I was recently approached by the lovely Megan over at ThinTea and was asked to review the 28 day Detox Blend and the 28 day Fat Burn Blend . Along with this I was also given a little informational packet and a cute as pie pink strainer! Now although I had intended on following a healthy diet as long as trying out these teas, I can confirm that I failed miserably but I tried again a week later and managed to stay on top of things for just a little over two weeks now. All the while I had been drinking the tea blend every morning and every night. So first of all let me introduce you to this delightful tea:


Above is what I was sent to try out and review and let me tell you exactly what is in each packet before I go on to talking about my journey :) For each tea, one teaspoon of loose leaves must be added to the strainer and then left in your mug for 3-5 minutes before removing the strainer. 

The Detox Blend is to be drank first thing in the morning with breakfast and contains:

Organic Fennel Seed

Organic Nettle Leaf

Marshmallow Leaf

Organic Juniper Berry

Organic Dandelion Root

Organic Rose Petal

So as you can see a lot of organic ingredients do go into this tea and one of the huge highlights for me is that this is not one of those laxative inducing teas (which always annoyed me about other detox teas) so that's a huge bonus! 

The second tea is the Fat Burn Blend and that is to be drank just before dinner in order to get the best results and it contains:

Organic Peppermint

Olive leaf

Dandelion leaf

Hawthorn leaf & flower

Coleus Root

Organic Cinnamon 

Ginger Root

Once again the tea is full of organic and natural products and this second blend is great for boosting your metabolism and helping you burn fat. 

Now let me tell you a little about the aim of these teas, basically the tea is made out of ingredients that are 100% pure, natural and preservative free. They were made to help you lose weight, stop bloating and balance our your body's chemicals. Along with these teas I was also advised via the website to follow their clean eating plan and indulge in 30minutes exercise each day. As it states on the website here are their major aims:


Step 1: Alkalise your body so it can absorb the nutrients it needs better.

Step 2: Eliminate harmful toxins from your body.

Step 3: Speed up your metabolism so you can burn calories faster while keeping hunger at bay.


PROS AND CONS

Let's start off with the good news:

I definitely didn't experience any nausea or major headaches whilst doing this detox.

I saw a decrease in bloating and did feel slightly more energetic than usual.

In terms of weight, I don't know if it was my diet or snacking but I feel like I could definitely have lost more had I been 100% committed but due to work and University and generally making excuses I didn't manage to stay on the healthy path all the time hence why I had to re-start my detox but in saying that I did lose some inches around my waist and hips! 

Now for the (not so) bad news:

For me there was only two minor problems I had with this tea and they were down to taste and time! 

For instance, I am a very very picky and fussy eater/drinker so when I try something new I try to keep an open mind as I do tend to say no a lot to new things. Now in saying that the taste of the teas were not as bad (the Fat Burn Blend was particularly delicious!) as some I've had before but the Detox Blend wasn't sweet enough for me (so not the point of these teas!) so I did indulge in adding a teaspoon of honey to the morning teas. 

In terms of time, what I mean is I am usually always on the go and sometimes have to be at University for 5-6 hours a day meaning if I'm in a rush in the morning and cannot have a tea I would bring it with me to uni, now here is the problem: finding a damn kettle! My uni does not provide them and this meant bringing in hot water which basically defeats the purpose to begin with but what I am trying to say is that when the mornings were too packed trying to get places I would sometimes not have time to have the tea before or with breakfast which meant a few the detox blend teas were being used as 'lunch' teas.. Basically this came down to me not micro-managing my time but that is why these were only minor problems in my eyes :) 

All in all though I greatly enjoyed drinking these blends and would 100% recommend ThinTea Detox to any of my friends or family and as I still have quite a lot of loose leaves left this means I can happily enjoy more of these delicious detox teas for at least another 2-3 weeks! Let's hope the weight keeps on falling off! 

If you would like to have a look for yourself at these wonderful teas then head on over to their website and check out some of their social media:


Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment